Playing with the Faeries

Playing with the Faeries

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Phoenix

I was clearing out some old files and found some old songs I wrote:) 
Here is the first one:

PHOENIX


I STAND AT THE EDGE OF ETERNAL BLISS
JUST REALIZING IT EXISTS
MY MIND’S EYE LOOK TO THE INFINITE SKY
WISH I COULD FLY
WONDERING MY FATE
AS I MEDITATE ON WHAT IT MEANS TO ME
UNTIL MAGIC GRABS ME IN ITS MYSTERY EMBRACE
CARRYING ME ALONG ON IT’S MAD RACE
WHAT WONDERS DO I SEE..
WHAT CAN I BEGIN TO BE

CHORUS
RISING FROM THE ASHES
MY LIFE PASSES ME BY IN FLASHES
I BEGIN TO TAKE MY PLACE
AND BECOME A NEW FACE
AS I OPEN THE GATE TO MY FATE

I TOUCH FATE AS I MEDITATE
ON THE STATE OF THE WORLD TODAY
THEIR RELIANCE ON THE TANGIBLE
JUST DOESN’T PLACATE
WANTING AND WAITING
THEY ALL STRUGGLE IN THE MIRE
SUCH MISERY TO BE A PRISONER
TO THEIR BELIEFS.

CHORUS

IN EVERYTHING WE SEE…
THERE IS MAGIC WAITING TO BE
FOLLOW THE PATH WITH ME
AND OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE


HEATHER POWERS
COPYRIGHT 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment