Playing with the Faeries

Playing with the Faeries

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Excerpt of Dream-catcher

The story starts with a dream…not a simple dream. Dreams never are. They seem simple on the outside until you follow the corridors to some unknown answer. I feel like I’m in a fairy tale where the only one who knows an answer is some witch in some old cave who speaks in riddles. I hate riddles. They dance around in your brain and taunt you with their secrets. So begins my story. My life has always been strange and different. My dreams are always popping up when I don’t want them to. But when they do, they replay until I decide to write them down or do something about it. Some people would call me a precog. I just call it my gift. Sometimes it’s a curse. You see my dreams give me gifts, different talents and I have no idea where they come from. This will lead me on a journey that twists and turns in ways I can’t even begin to imagine……
My story begins with a recurring dream. In this particular dream I am the “heroine”. I don’t know what my name is but I’m sure it will come to me. Sometimes I wonder if my dreams show my past lives. The reason is I have them in sequences. Once the dream manifests it keep popping in and out of my consciousness. So in my dream I find myself walking to a house. This house looks like a museum, the kind of house that wealthy people own. How I can walk up there without tripping any alarms is a mystery to me. But I must be expected. Why else would I be here? The door opens up to show me a stiff butler. He’s the kind that will turn his nose up at the lower class. I hate that kind. He motions for me to enter and I find myself in a parlor one that looks like it hasn’t been updated since the 1900s, flowered wallpaper prevails. A lady in a victorian dress is sitting there waiting for me, drinking tea. She motions for me to sit down.
She said, “I have need of your services.”
“What services?’”
” Your unique abilities of course.”
” I’m not for hire.”
Oh everyone is for the right price.What’s your price?”
She seemed to know my special talent and that scared me. I don’t make it public as a general rule. That sort of gift ends you in a mental health facility.
I said, “My price is to know answers. “Why am I gifted with this ability?”
“Oh this is a fork in your path to knowledge.I need your abilities to find my son who was taken.”
I didn’t like the sound of this at all. It seemed very dangerous and secretive. I said, “By whom?”
“It’s a secret organization that causes things to happen.They are known for their insatible desire to gain power by whatever means necessary. It extends beyond this world and threatens to destroy all worlds linked to this one.”
“What do you mean by other worlds??? I am only aware of this one.”
She laughed musically and my vision wavered for a minute and I glimpsed a radiant white light surrounding her. Her face was beautiful porcelain, pink lips perfectly shaped. Her ears were pointed. I blinked and her features reverted back to the grandmotherly look. She said, “Really my dear, is that the truth, because your eyes show me something different. If you are only aware of this world, explain your dreams to me. And your special abilities.”
“Why me? I’m sure there are other people who are better suited to this job. Perhaps you should look into other worlds to find that person.”
“Let’s just say, you are the only one who I would trust for this job.”
“How can you trust me? You don’t even know me.”
“Oh my dear, I do know you more than you know yourself. But there is no time to speak of that right now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment